1%, 4%, 5%

Unteachable - Leah Raeder

Opening Line:

When you're eighteen, there's fuck-all to do in a Southern Illinois summer but eat fried pickles, drink PBR tallboys you stole from your mom, and ride the Tilt-a-Whirl till you hurl.

Switch out Southern Illinois for Wisconsin and I could have said something incredibly similar! LOL

I'm not going to do the whole rollercoaster/falling in love metaphor. I didn't fall in love with him up there. Maybe I fell in love with the idea of love, but I'm a teenage girl. This morning I fell in love with raspberry jam and a puppy in a tiny raincoat. I'm not exactly Earth's top authority on the subject.

But...I felt something I've never felt before.

You can call it love, or you can call it freefall. They're pretty much the same thing.

Oh, I like her. I love her voice, I love the writing.

There are moments, when you're getting to know someone, when you realize something deep and buried in you is deep and buried in them, too. It feels like meeting a stranger you've known your whole life.

I can't even begin to say how deeply this resonates with me.

...I think even if I'd had a normal childhood, I'd have grown bored of boys my own age. They're like oversensitive car alarms.

Thank you, Cory!! I'm desperately trying to not hide my kindle at work to finish reading this.