49%, 50%, 60%, 64%, 88%, 94%, 98%, 99%, 100%

Angelfall  - Susan Ee

49%

He snorts. "Aside from being beaned with a rock, I'll live."

"Sorry." I feel pretty god-awful about that, but there's no point in groveling over it.

"The next time you have a quarrel with me, I'd appreciate it if you could just talk to me first before resorting to pelting me with rocks."

"Oh, al right," I grumble. "You're so damned civilized."

50%

"They're too close to something that shouldn't exist. Let something like that get away, and they'll only come back to haunt you. Believe me, I know."

So freaky!! I need to know what these things are.

60%

"You're like a little girl demanding answers to questions during a covert operation. Why is the sky blue, daddy? Can I ask that man with the machine gun where the bathroom is? If you don't stay quiet, I'm going to have to dump you. You need to do what I tell you, when I tell you, no questions or hesitation about it. If you don't like it, find someone else to pester into helping you."

"Okay, okay. I got it. Geez, some people are so grouchy."

64%

He kisses me with the desperation of a dying man who believes the magic of eternal life is in this kiss.

88%

I slam the blade into his heart.

I've never killed anyone before. What frightens me isnt that I'm killing someone. What frightens me is how easy it is.

94%

"Why didn't you run like I told you?"

He whispers against my hair. "I knew from the start that your loyalty would get you killed. I just never thought it would be your loyalty to me that would do it."

(show spoiler)

98%

I never thought about it before, but I'm proud to be human. We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I'm proud to be a Daughter of Man.

99%

Leave it to Mom to be simultaneously frightening and soothing, as only an insane mother can be.

100%

And for now, that is enough.

No, no it really isn't.