42%, 70%, 71%, 77%, 82%, 83%, 87%, 89%, 90%, 92%, 97%, 99%, 100%

World After - Susan Ee

42%

I shove everything -- fear, hope, thoughts -- into the vault in my head and slam the door shut before they explode back out. It's getting trickier to open the vault door.

70%

The word "premeditated" comes to mind.

The fact that I'm allowed to overhear enough to start piecing this stuff together makes me worried.

Very worried.

ME TOO! Freaking out over here!

71%

But it's not until his eyes meet mind that a jolt of recognition passes between us.

...For a second, his defenses fall and I can see the turmoil behind his eyes.

Oh, thank god! There you are!!

77%

Males -- they've all trained against each other. They expect attacks to certain zones on their bodies and from someone who's used to relying on upper-body strength. And they always, always underestimate women.

Oh, I do love Penryn. Love how she uses her brain in a fight.

"He should have been polite and just let us by," I say.

"Way to teach him some respect. I always wanted to meet a girl who fights dirty..."

*sighs happily*

82% / 83%

I just love the banter between them! I can't stop grinning and laughing. And thank goodness - because the rest of the book is liable to break my heart!

87%

But for now, for just this moment, I let myself be a seventeen-year-old girl in a strong guy's arms.

...Just for a little while.

Before I carefully fold my dreams away into the vault in my head.

89%

She was strong enough to survive...strong enough to crawl out from being buried alive and escape from monsters...But having her little girl scream at the sight of her would shatter her into so many pieces that nothing could glue her back together.

Heart. Broke.

90%

"I'm revoking your warrior status," he says...

"I had a warrior status?"

"For about thirty seconds."

"What heinous crime did I commit to lose my exalted status?"

"A true warrior would have retrieved her sword before doing personal business."

"I'm all about personal business. Every battle I have is personal."

"Hmm. Good answer. Maybe you'll eventually regain your status."

"I won't hold my breath."

^_^

92%

"You're cute when you're afraid."

LOOOL! This. Love.

97%

Holy. Shit.

99%

My dad once told me life would get complicated when I grew up. I'm guessing this isn't what he meant. My mom, on the other hand, agreed with him, and I'm guessing this kind of thing is exactly what she meant.

Penryn, her sister, her mom - I love them all.

100%

Wow. That was one hell of an awesome ride.