Thor: The Viking God of Thunder by Graeme Davis

Thor: The Viking God of Thunder - Graeme Davis

I've always been fascinated with mythology and ancient history. Though Norse mythology isn't my first love, it's near and dear to my heart as it's my personal heritage.

Thor is the best known Norse god due to the popularity of him in pop-culture - movies, comics, you name it; he's survived the ages. Part of this is because his exploits, as written in the Eddas are so super-hero-like that it fits well with our current obsession with heroes.

This book is a nice, concise, beginning look at the legends of Thor. All tales that include him are at least briefly mentioned here, though most are told in full with extra bits of information to add depth to the reader's understanding.

Though I knew these stories already, I enjoyed the way this book was put together and how utterly readable it was. If you're looking for a lot of depth on the Norse gods, this isn't the place to get it, but if you're looking for something that's entertaining and fun and a quick, easy to navigate, overview - definitely try this.