Reading progress update: I've read 52%.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  - J.K. Rowling

"But if I keep running in and out of the Ministry," said Harry, still endeavoring to keep his voice friendly, "won't that seem as though I approve of what the Ministry's up to?"

"Well," said Scrimgeour, frowning slightly, "well, yes, that's partly why we'd like--"

"No, I don't think that'll work," said Harry pleasantly. "You see, I don't like some of the things the Ministry's doing. Locking up Stan Shunpike, for instance."

Scrimgeour did not speak for a moment, but his expression hardened instantly.

"I would not expect you to understand," he said, and he was not as successful at keeping anger out of his voice as Harry had been. "These are dangerous times, and certain measures need to be taken. You are sixteen years old--"

"Dumbledore's a lot older than sixteen, and he doesn't think Stan should be in Azkaban either," said Harry. "You're making Stan a scapegoat, just like you want to make me a mascot."

They looked at each other, long and hard. Finally, Scrimgeour said, with no pretence at warmth, "I see. You prefer - like your hero Dumbledore - to disassociate yourself from the Ministry?"

"I don't want to be used," said Harry.

"Some would say it's your duty to be used by the Ministry!"

"Yeah, and others might say it's your duty to check people really are Death Eaters before you chuck them in prison," said Harry, his temper rising now.

I LOVE HARRY! God, I've forgotten so many of the detailed reasons that I think this series is so fabulous. This is just another example.