Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  - J.K. Rowling

This. Book.

I've never, ever, ever had a book hit me so emotionally hard as this book. By the time I first read it I'd spent years reading, re-reading and living this story right along with Harry. And then along came Half-Blood Prince. And it broke me.

Devastated and destroyed.

I've re-read this book many times since that first time and it hits me just as hard in the feels every single time.

One of the things I've really appreciated about this re-read is that I've been able to look at these stories with nearly fresh eyes (it's been several years since I've picked up the books), and I'm amazed all over again at the absolute genius that is in these pages. The moments that have such great additional significance on re-read; the intricate plot- and world-building; the characters that grow, learn, and make mistakes - not one character in this series is a caricature, they're all real with real worries, loves, needs and desires.

I'm going into this last book with the same sense of anticipation, sadness and hope that I did the first time around