Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  - J.K. Rowling

This book.

This series.

J.K. Rowling is amazing. The absolute genius of the world, the characters, the story blows my mind.

If I have any complaint it's only that I want more.

My one complaint is really that I wish the Slytherins had taken a more prominent role in the battle against Voldemort.

(show spoiler)

This is the first time I've re-read this book since immediately after its release. In fact this series re-read is my first since Deathly Hallows came out. In many ways it was like a first read all over again. There were so many small details, so many little things that make the world and the characters that I'd forgotten.

I admit to being slightly worried that somewhere along the way this series wouldn't live up to the incredible love I have for it. It holds such a special place in my heart and I didn't want to ruin that. But as I continued and read further and kept going, those fears were quickly avada kedavra'd. I love this series even more now than I did the first time.

Funnily enough, even though I wasn't a child when I started the Harry Potter series I learned that there was a lot that I didn't fully appreciate when I read it way back when. Things that I can only truly appreciate now that I'm an adult and can look back.

That's the genius of Rowling; that she creates a world and story that's enthralling to children, teenagers, and just as beautiful and entrancing to adults.

The magic of these books touches my soul.