Reading progress update: I've read 33%.

Bone Crossed  - Patricia Briggs

Personally, I figured it was up to me to keep me safe. Sometimes it might mean calling in friends, but it was my responsibility.

I <3 Mercy.

"I thought you'd be able to decide if you were interested or not. If you weren't interested, I could regroup. If you agreed to be min, I can wait until Hell freezes over for you."

<3 <3 <3

She scowled at him.

He gave her one of his sudden smiles, and I knew my mom had made yet another conquest: she's pretty cute when she scowls, and Adam didn't know many people gutsy enough to scowl at him. I had a sudden revelation. I'd been making a tactical error for the past few years if I'd really wanted him to quit flirting with me. I should have smiled and smirked and batted my eyelashes at him. Obviously a woman snarling at him was something he enjoyed. He was too busy looking at my mom's scowl to see mine.

LMFAO!!

12%

Hahaha! Samuel and Mercy crack me up in this scene. I do so love Samuel.

23%

"Thank you, Adam," I told him...

I don't want to quote more than this, because **spoilers** for Iron Kissed, but... *sighs happily*

32%

Our government didn't know they had a tiger by the tail--and the tiger wasn't going to tell them anytime soon.

Oh, the day they find out though. Whoa.

33%

I wanna hug, Ben. I really do. Every time he shows up now I'm just like "I love you!!!!"