Reading progress update: I've read 38%.

River Marked - Patricia Briggs

23%

I sighed theatrically, resting my chin on my cupped hands and bracing my elbows on the table. "You are too gorgeous, you know?" I said it just loud enough that the people who'd been watching us surreptitiously could hear me.

Unholy laughter lit his eyes--[b]ut his face was completely serious, as he purred, "So. Am I worth what you paid for me, baby?"

Just part of the reason I love this book. I love the time we get with Mercy and Adam - they deserve it so much.

25%

"Werewolves are controlling bastards--and Alpha werewolves are worse than that. If you don't watch it, you find that you are doing exactly what they tell you to."

There was an interesting snap in her voice, and I wondered how often Bran had gotten her to do what he wanted her to. Not as often as he wanted, I'd bet, but evidently more than she was happy about.

LOOOL!

38%

I couldn't help myself. I set my cheek against his arm and laughed. "It won't help, will it?" I said after a moment. "We'd just run into Godzilla or the Vampire from Hell. Trouble just follows you around."

He rubbed to top of my head. "Hey, Trouble..."

*snickers*